Wednesday 12 September 2012

Daisy Chain



I don't really know if this flower is a daisy but when I saw it I thought of the daisy chains I used to make when I was a child. I always think that there is a freshness and innocence about them. This summer I saw a couple of teenage girls wearing them in their hair. I was too young for the hippy movement but I thought of this when I saw the girls. What a lovely form of jewellery.

This simple collage needed something to lift it, maybe a little bit of colour. I thought that the girl looked quite sad. So the daisy chain was added with the thought of another childhood game, picking the petals of flowers and singing "He loves me he loves me not". She looks as though she's not sure!

Lina x


1 comment:

  1. It's gorgeous Lina, i love all the shades of white and the newsprint. She has an enigmatic look, just fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete