Sunday 26 August 2012

Watercolour Cards



Here are a couple of greeting cards I created using watercolour techniques. To achieve the best results I always use good quality watercolour paper (Weight 300gsm/140lb). Benefits being that you don’t have to stretch the paper.

I prefer to paint with traditional brushes rather than the water brushes as I feel that I am in control of the amount of water and paint needed. I love painting in this way working from light to dark and the translucent effect that you can achieve. I painted the first card with Derwent Inktense pencils and the second card with Tim Holtz distress inks. The images are from the single stamp range at Woodware.

Materials used:
Daler Rowney (300gsm/140lb) cold pressed watercolour paper
Woodware clear single stamp (Design Jane Gill) Lily, Gerbera
Memento London Fog (This gives the appearance of graphite)
Tim Holtz distress inks
Derwent Inktense watersoluble pencils




I teach classes in watercolour painting and my students always tell me that they find this form of art very relaxing.

Lina x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lina,love the colours and the simple layering on the card.Nothing more is needed as the flowers do the work. Anna.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Lina, as always. Yes I love the classes too, are you planning any more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind comments. I am planning to run more classes so if anyone is interested please feel free to contact me via email. Lina x

    ReplyDelete